Which programming language should I learn first?
[billion times ask by new bees/new programmers ]
- To program in an expressive and powerful language: Python
- To get a website up quickly: PHP
- To mingle with programmers who call themselves “rockstars”: Ruby.
- To really learn to program: C.
- To achieve enlightenment: Scheme.
- To feel depressed: SQL
- To drop a chromosome: Microsoft Visual Basic
- To get a guaranteed, mediocre, but well paying job writing financial applications in a cubicle under fluorescent lights: Java.
- To do the same thing with certifications and letters after your name: C#
- To achieve a magical sense of childlike wonder that you have a hard time differentiating from megalomania: Objective C
I could go on… but I’m not feeling hateful enough today.